Monday, May 25, 2015

Beatrice's Yearbook

Beatrice only has three more days of school before she says goodbye to kindergarten.  This was a hard year for her in a lot of ways, but I'm proud of how much she's learned and how hard she's tried, and especially about how kind and hopeful she remains even in the face of challenges.

There's a group of boys that have been bullying Beatrice at school - let's call the ringleader John. A few weeks ago she had another run-in with John and I told her, "Don't worry about what John thinks of you, John's an idiot" - which probably wasn't very good parenting, though it is true.

A few days later, Beatrice said to me, "You know, I don't think John is an idiot. I think he just has a hard time being around people who are different, and I am very different."

So again, Beatrice proves that's wiser and more mature than I am.

Her elementary school yearbook just arrived - here's her class page (click to enlarge):

On to first grade!*

*Tonight Beatrice said, "I can't wait for first grade. First grade is going to be a whole new chance!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...